Hello! A week ago I was nominated to participate in “A different kind of blog hop” by Charlotta from ScrapyLife in the Czech Republic. I was honoured to be chosen as someone that inspires Charlotta. I will add that Charlotta creates simple yet beautiful layouts herself and I have been following her on Instagram for quite some time! Thank you for choosing me … here goes.
1. What am I working on right now?
Easy! Right now I am working on week 24 of my 2014 Project Life album. I know I’m what’s called “behind” on my Project Life but it’s all good.
2. How long does it take me to create a project?
I know you are most likely looking for a “1 hour” or similar type answer but if I am to be totally honest the answer is actually that I don’t know. I have never timed it. Some layouts are more or less involved than others. I don’t have a goal or a standard I try to meet I just do.
3. What are my favorite things to create with at the moment?
At the moment my favourite things to work with are the ever-present wood veneers, transparencies (I totally love transparencies) and digital products. I love digital because it’s so versatile and the possibilities are endless.
4. How does my writing/creating process work?
I do have a system for this. I don’t time it but there is a system. So in a nutshell I collect my photos (I try to take one a day), edit them in Adobe Lightroom, move them to Photoshop Elements, add borders, brushes etc, then print them at home. Generally I use 7 4×6 photos and 4 3×4 photos per week. I then select a kit and isolate one colour that I will use in that week. Lay it all out in my pages, journal, embellish and it’s done.
5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?
This is a tough question. As a general rule I am actually very self motivated. I often get ideas in the middle of the night that I can’t wait to put to paper or test out. I don’t spend a lot of time on Pintrest but I do keep an eye out on blogs and the Australian Project Life Group. This seems to be enough to keep me going. But all in all it’s either all or nothing. I’m either pumping out layouts or not at all. (some of you may have noticed this ) hehe
6. What is my signature style?
My signature style …. I have thought about this in the past and I wold almost say it’s somewhat “editorial”. A little like a magazine layout (without the professional look to it) and the white borders. I always use the white borders on my photos.
For Next weeks Blog Hop I have chosen people that inspire me for different reasons and if you aren’t already following them you should have a look at their work. I am sure you will also find plenty of inspiration. (In no particular order)
1. Jodie from Polkadot Creative – Jodie is amazing. She creates wonderful Project Life pages, Day books and amazing Scrip pieces. I have always said that if I could get a handwriting transplant I’d want hers! I love that she gives so many different things a go and no matter what she attempts it turns out gorgeous. Whether stitching, glueing, painting or anything else she puts her mind to it looks beautiful and I love it. I can’t wait to see what she creates next!
2. Sandra from The Crafty Bunch – Sandra creates awesome 12×12 layouts. If I was a 12×12 person I’d want my layouts to look like Sandra’s. Always so pretty, using so many different techniques I truly love seeing what Sandra creates. I find her inspiring because she does things that … well I just never would and to me that’s inspiring.
3. Ali from Maloney Mayhem – Ali makes lovely Project Life Pages this goes without saying but the reason she really inspires me is because of her writing. She writes with heart, with love and with raw honesty. She makes me laugh and occasionally cry. I love reading her blog posts and they speak so much of the wonderful human being she is.
Thank you Jodie, Sandra and Ali foragreeing to take part in this blog hop it means a lot to me.